I read a lot of articles. Articles about science, technology, popular culture, art, medicine, religion, state of the union, state of other unions, crime.... I read a lot of articles. As it happens, I today came across an article that got me thinking about titles.
This particular gem was brought to you by The Huffington Post. It's awesome because 1) it's shocking/weird, and therefore attention grabbing, 2) it's completely accurate, and 3) it represents the subject matter perfectly. Not only does it tell us what the article is about, but it does so in a sensationalized but realistic manner that conveys the freakishness of the scenario.
My titles have a tendency to be boring and/or practical, but I might get in the habit of spicing things up a little. There's nothing better than a title that makes you laugh.
My titles have a tendency to be boring and/or practical, but I might get in the habit of spicing things up a little. There's nothing better than a title that makes you laugh.

This was a very unique idea to post about! Your post got me thinking about my own titles (sadly, mine are a tad boring mostly because they are for school assignments). A unique and thought provoking title is more important than people give credit for and I may try spicing mine up as well.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting common place! The title got my attention right away because it was weird, like you said. This made me think about how a title is just as importance as the words underneath it.
ReplyDelete