Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Own Last Lines: Commonplace Book

Last week I wrote about the importance and impact of last lines, and presented you with a few of the better ones from a range of authors. This got me thinking about my own last lines, and while they differ in that they're from a series of journal entries I'm writing for my Brit lit course, and not from a full-fledged novel, they are consistently the most interesting lines, which I though warranted further exploration. Why is that? I'm not totally sure. Everything before them is okay or mostly good, but I feel as though I should deleted all that and start at the end, because the end is the best.


I was okay if it was one in a long series because I knew there was more to come, but finishing the series, or finishing a solo novel, was torture. 

We can create anything.

That doesn’t always work out so well, but it gets me through the day so it’s good enough in my book. 

I’d be worried, if I was a mom. 

She also doesn’t really do women any favors in the pr department – we can get stuff done, but only if we’re really lucky because we’re weak and not so good at planning in advance. Ugh.

Or, you know, they’re similar because aliens wrote them.

It just occurred to me that writers = BMX riders. Lol. Imagine Dickens popping a wheelie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Of Pens and Swords © 2013.