"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
The Great Gatsby, F.Scott Fitzgerald
"After all, tomorrow is another day."
Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
"'From the Land of Oz,' said Dorothy gravely. 'And here is Toto, too. And oh, Aunt Em! I'm so glad to be at home again!'"
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum
"I wish you all a long and happy life."
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
"It's funny. Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."
The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
"But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
The House At Pooh Corner, A.A. Milne
"For Siddalee Walker, the need to understand has passed, at least for the moment. All that was left was love and wonder."
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Rebecca Wells
"Again and again I called out for Midori from the dead centre of this place that was no place."
Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami
"And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever."
Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer
"'When the day shall come, that we do part,' he said softly, and turned to look at me, 'if my last words are not ‘I love you’ – ye’ll ken it was because I didna have time.'"
The Fiery Cross, Diana Gabaldon
Interesting. I've never thought about the last lines of the books I've read before. I can't even recall what they were (let alone the last novel I actually read). You've heightened my reader awareness! I will look towards the end verses when I finish the next book I read (I'm actually working through one right now--The Fault In Our Stars by John Green). I read Catcher In The Rye. I do recall that verse.
ReplyDelete